A mecca of the Battle of the Bulge. On 16 December 1944, the Germans launched their last major offensive in fuzzy Bastogne is on their route and is a major objective as the city is an important road junction. The Allied High Command decided to send the 101st Airborne Division to defend ville. On the night of 18 to 19 December 1944, the airborne division commanded by General McAuliffe arrives at Bastogne and established his headquarters in the barracks Lieutenant Heinz . This place will become world famous following the “Nuts” uttered by General McAuliffe December 22, 1944 following the German surrender demand that encircle and bombard the city. Since 1 October 2010, the barracks became a Centre Interpretation of the 2nd World War. A detachment of the Royal Army Museum presents exhibitions and reconstructions on the theme of the Battle of the Bulge, and it ensures the restoration and conservation of vehicles and machines of the Royal Heritage Museum of the Army.
Just Click on Any Picture Below to Make it Large for Viewing!!