Just Click on Any Picture Below to Make it Large for Viewing!!
Aeronauticum – Germany
Aeronauticum is the official German maritime aircraft museum – located in Nordholz (close to Cuxhaven). The museum has a large collection of aircraft that has been used by the German Marine/Navy, among other places also in the adjacent Nordholz Naval Airbase. The name of the museum derives from Greek ὰήρ āēr which means “air” and ναυτική nautikē which means “navigation, Airmanship”, i.e. “navigation of the air”.
Armoured Weapon Museum – Poznan, Poland
The Armoured Weapon Museum was established in 1963-1964. Initially, it was a place where the students had classes on building and operation of the armoured equipment, in which, at that time, the Polish Army was equipped.
The main pioneer of the collection of the museum was Major-General Zygmunt Duszynski, who, at that time, was the Main Training Inspector of the Polish Army. Thanks to the efforts of the commandant of the Commissioned Officers Armoured Troops School graduate colonel Henryk Kudly and of graduate lieutenant-colonel Zygmunt Szopa – the director of the operation and renovation cycle; different kind of armoured vehicles were gathered in the current building of the museum.
There are also parts and elements of tanks and armoured guns in the collection. Each type of the armoured weapon has original fittings, equipment and weaponry in which armoured fighting vehicle are equipped. Machine-guns 7,62 mm DT, large-caliber machine-gun 12,7 mm and large-caliber machine-gun 14,5 mm KPWT are included in the on board weapon, which was located on particular vehicles. Because of the security reasons, they are kept as a deposit in the weaponry magazine. The exposition includes tanks, self-propelled guns, armoured reconnaissance vehicle and personnel carrier as well as one example of emergency technical vehicle. Most of the equipment was produced on the territory of the USSR and was used during World War II constituting the equipment of the armoured units of the Polish Army since 1943. Combat equipment presented in the museum is currently one of the biggest armoured weapon collections in Poland and some examples are unique exhibits in the country and one of the few in the world.
The Artillery Museum of Finland
The Artillery Museum of Finland (Suomen Tykistömuseo in Finnish) is a special military museum dedicated to the history of the artillery from the 15th century to the present day. It was located in Niinisalo from 1977 to 1997. In 1997 it was relocated to Hämeenlinna.
Australian Armour & Artillery Museum
The Australian Armour and Artillery Museum opened to the public on Saturday the 6th September 2014.The museum is privately owned and is the largest museum of its kind in the southern hemisphere.
They are located next door to Tjapukai and Skyrail on Kamarunga Road Caravonica, a suburb of Cairns, North Queensland. They are dedicated to the collection, preservation, restoration and display of Armoured Vehicles and Artillery from the 1800’s to the present day. The collection includes armoured vehicles and artillery from both world wars with a particular focus on WWII.
Currently their collection consists of over 100 armoured vehicles and artillery pieces, many of which will not be found anywhere else in Australia. They are constantly on the lookout for additional pieces of equipment that will make the museum a richer experience for those visiting.
Australian War Memorial
The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial’s purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war. Its mission is to assist Australians to remember, interpret and understand the Australian experience of war and its enduring impact on Australian society.
The Australian War Memorial is established as a corporation by the Australian War Memorial Act 1980.
Base Borden Military Museum
Base Borden Military Museum is a military museum located on the grounds of CFB Borden, in Borden, Ontario, Canada. Combining four separate museums, it has numerous items, equipment and vehicles from all eras of Canadian military history, including a large number of historic armored vehicles and aircraft displayed outside in the Major-General F. F. Worthington Memorial Park and around the base.
The museum is located about 100 km north of Toronto, Ontario. The museum, which combines all the separate museums at the base, was established in the 1990s.
In June 2007 a new main building for the museum complex was opened, with a large hangar for the display of historic military vehicles. The museum complex consists of several buildings and a memorial park.The Museum is affiliated with: CMA, CHIN, OMMC and Virtual Museum of Canada.
Belgrade Military Museum – Serbia
The Military Museum (Serbian:Vojni muzej ) in Belgrade was founded in 1878. The museum has over 3000 ancient and modern items. These include Roman swords and helmets, Greek helmets and daggers, Serbian heavy knight’s armor, axes, shields, helmets, crossbows, armoured gloves, as well as Western medieval weapons. There are also more modern guns, firearms, and elements of soldier’s uniforms and equipment. Dioramas, plaques, and displays illustrate the use and historical context of the museum’s collection.
Canadian War Museum
The Canadian War Museum (CWM) (French: Musée canadien de la guerre) is Canada’s national museum of military history. Located in Ottawa, Ontario, the museum covers all facets of Canada’s military past, from the first recorded instances of death by armed violence in Canadian history several hundred years ago to the country’s most recent involvement in conflicts. It includes major permanent exhibitions on wars that have been fought on Canadian soil, the total wars of the twentieth century, the Cold War and peace support operations abroad, and Canada’s history of honouring and remembrance. There is also an open storage area displaying large objects from the Museum’s collection, from naval guns to tanks, from motorcycles to jet aircraft. The exhibits depict Canada’s military past in its personal, national and international dimensions, with special emphasis on the human experience of war and the manner in which war has affected, and been affected by, Canadians’ participation.
Much of the Museum’s public exhibition space is devoted to its Canadian Experience Galleries. These displays underline the profound effect that war has had on Canada’s development and the significant role Canadians have played in international conflicts. Their content is a rich mixture of some 2,500 objects from war art to armoured vehicles, as well as scores of audio-visual displays and many hands-on activities. A changing program of temporary or special exhibitions, plus public programs and special events, complement the experience offered in the permanent galleries. The CWM also houses the Military History Research Centre, a leading library and archival research facility, and a large collection of some 500,000 artifacts, including uniforms, medals, weapons, war art, aircraft, military vehicles and artillery.
The CWM originated in 1880. Its current building opened in May 2005 and is located less than 2 km west of Canada’s Parliament Buildings. The building’s architecture has received professional and public acclaim. The CWM is part of the Canadian Museum of History Corporation, which also operates the Canadian Museum of History, the Canadian Children’s Museum, the Canadian Postal Museum, and the Virtual Museum of New France.
The Deutsches Museum (German Museum) (or das Deutsche Museum) in Munich, Germany is the world’s largest museum of science and technology, with approximately 1.5 million visitors per year and about 28,000 exhibited objects from 50 fields of science and technology.
The museum was founded on June 28, 1903, at a meeting of the Association of German Engineers (VDI) as an initiative of Oskar von Miller. Its official name is Deutsches Museum von Meisterwerken der Naturwissenschaft und Technik (English: German Museum of Masterpieces of Science and Technology). It is the largest museum in Munich.
Deutsches Historisches Museum
The German Historical Museum (Deutsches Historisches Museum), DHM for short, is a museum in Berlin devoted to German history and defines itself as a place of enlightenment and understanding of the shared history of Germans and Europeans. It is often viewed as one of the most important museums in Berlin and is one of the most frequented.
The museum is located in the Zeughaus (armoury) on the avenue Unter den Linden as well as in the adjacent Exhibition Hall designed by I. M. Pei.
The German Historical Museum is under the legal form of a foundation registered by the Federal Republic of Germany. Its highest-ranking body is the Board of Trustees (Kuratorium) with representatives of the Federal Government, the German Bundestag (Parliament) and the governments of the German Länder, or states.
Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin – German Museum of Technology – Berlin, Germany
Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin (German Museum of Technology) in Berlin, Germany is a museum of science and technology, and exhibits a large collection of historical technical artifacts. The museum’s main emphasis originally was on rail transport, but today it also features exhibits of various sorts of industrial technology. In 2003, it opened both maritime and aviation exhibition halls in a newly built extension. The museum also contains a science center called Spectrum.
Ditsong National Museum of Military History- Johannesburg, South Africa
During the First World War (1914 – 1918) no formal showcase was made of South Africa’s involvement in that war.
In 1940, Capt J Agar-Hamilton was appointed official historian of the Union Defence Forces. The formation of an Historical Research Committee that same year was to ensure the preservation of documents and military memorabilia and lay the foundation for the establishment of a museum.
The South African National War Museum was officially opened on 29 August 1947 by the then Prime Minister of South Africa, Field Marshal J C Smuts PC, CM, OM, DTD, KC. At the opening ceremony, Smuts stated the following:
“… We are gathered here today to open what may not unfairly be looked upon as a memorial to the greatest united effort our country has been called upon to produce. Memorials, of course, have more than one use. They serve to remind us of what is past, of great deeds of heroism and sacrifice; they also serve as a pointer, and sometimes as a warning to the future.
It is in these senses that the South African War Museum may be regarded as a memorial. It will remind us, I hope, not only of the part we played in the recent great struggle to save civilization, but also of the horrors, the loss of life and the devastation, and serve as a warning to us to create a world in which we shall never have to use again the weapons of mass destruction we see here today, or those dreadful weapons to follow them …”
He was referring to South Africa’s participation in the Second World War and had pinpointed the raison d’etre of the Museum’s existence.
In 1975 the Museum’s name was changed to the South African National Museum of Military History and its scope was expanded to include the history of all military conflict in which South Africans have played a part. The Museum also serves as a popular and unusual venue for conferences and other functions.
In 1999, following the restructuring process of national museums, the Museum was amalgamated together with the Transvaal Museum of Natural History and the National Cultural History Museum into the Northern Flagship Institution. This institution was renamed Ditsong: Museums of South Africa in 2009 and the Museum is now called the Ditsong National Museum of Military History.
The Museum is also regarded as the spiritual and symbolic home for all soldiers and veterans in South Africa. As a result a number of veterans’ organisations use the Museum as their headquarters. The South African Military History Society, the South African Arms and Ammunition Collectors Association, the South African Arms and Armour Society, the Gold Reef Scale Modelers and the Warsaw Flights Commemoration Committee use the Museum for monthly and annual meetings and are considered to be part of the 20 organisations that are stakeholders.
Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum
The Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum is an aviation museum which displays a number of military and civilian aircraft and spacecraft, most notably, the Hughes H-4 Hercules “Spruce Goose”. The museum is located in McMinnville, Oregon, across the street from the headquarters of Evergreen International Aviation. Oregon Route 18 separates the museum from the company operations and McMinnville Municipal Airport (KMMV). An IMAX theater opened in 2007, and a second exhibit hall focusing on the Titan II ICBM and space technology opened in 2008.
Flieger-Flab-Museum – Swiss Air Force Museum – Zurich, Switzerland
The Flieger Flab Museum (English: Swiss Air Force Museum) is located in the Canton of Zurich in Dübendorf on the grounds of Dübendorf Air Base. The collection was founded in 1972 by the Office for Military Airfields and dedicated to the history of Swiss military aviation and air defense.
In the museum forty airplanes and helicopters are displayed, with the collection divided into distinct eras: pioneers and World War I, The 1930s, World War II and the Post-war period, the beginning of the jet age, the development of jet fighters, the Cold War and arms reduction.
For Freedom Museum – Knokke-Heist, Belgium.
The For Freedom Museum shows the bleak times of the Second World War in a dazzling, realistic way. No single inhabitant of the Zwin region and western Zeeland Flanders was spared hardship and repression between 1940 and 1944. This black period in our history forms the main theme of the museum.
Hellenic Air Force Museum
The Hellenic Air Force Museum was founded in 1986 and since 1992 has been located on Dekelia Air Base in Acharnes north of Athens. In opposition to the War Museum of Athens it displays air force history and is active in restoring and presenting old aircraft. Most aircraft in the collection come from the Hellenic Air Force; some were exchanged with other European aircraft museums.
The HAF Underwater Operations Team (KOSYTHE) helped recover some rare aircraft from underwater for the museum: a Bristol Blenheim, a Junkers Ju 52/3m and a Junkers Ju 87.
Ilok Museum – Croatia
Ilok Castle (Croatian: Iločki dvorac or Gradina Ilok) or Odescalchi Castle overlooks the town of Ilok in eastern Croatia. It is built on a hill above the town centre, offering views on the Danube and the Pannonian Plain.
The castle was originally built in the 15th century by Nicholas of Ilok, Croatian viceroy and the king of Bosnia. The Ottomans conquered Ilok in the 16th century. After the victory against the Ottomans at the Battle of Vienna in 1683, the Emperor Leopold I granted the castle, significant properties and the title of the Duke of Syrmia to Livio Odescalchi, nephew of Pope Innocent XI and a member of the powerful Italian aristocratic Odescalchi family, which would own the castle for the next two centuries. In the 18th century, the Odescalchis reconstructed the castle in the Baroque style. The castle was nationalized by authorities of Yugoslavia in 1945. After a restoration, it was opened to visitors in 2010. The lower two floors host the Museum of the Town of Ilok. Wine cellars of the castle are among the most famous in Croatia.
Imperial War Museum – London, England.
Imperial War Museums (IWM) is a British national museum organisation with branches at five locations in England, three of which are in London. Founded as the Imperial War Museum in 1917, the museum was intended to record the civil and military war effort and sacrifice of Britain and its Empire during the First World War. The museum’s remit has since expanded to include all conflicts in which British or Commonwealth forces have been involved since 1914. As of 2012, the museum aims ‘to provide for, and to encourage, the study and understanding of the history of modern war and “wartime experience”‘
Kubinka Tank Museum – Russia
The Kubinka Tank Museum is a museum of armoured fighting vehicles in Kubinka, Odintsovsky District, Moscow Oblast, Russia. The museum consists of open and covered exhibition of many famous tanks and armored vehicles throughout the 20th century. It is also known to house and display many unique vehicles, such as the German super-heavy tank prototype Panzer VIII Maus, the Troyanov heavy tank and a Karl-Gerät self-propelled artillery, among other single or limited production prototypes from the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany.
Lewis Army Museum (Formerly Fort Lewis Military Museum)
Lewis Army Museum (originally Fort Lewis Military Museum) is a military museum at Fort Lewis in the state of Washington, U.S. It is housed in the historic former Red Shield Inn, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) and can be seen prominently from Interstate 5. It is the only certified U.S. Army museum on the West Coast.
Established in 1971, the museum was originally housed in a two-story barracks. In July 1973, it was moved to the old Fort Lewis Inn.
Inside the museum are approximately 10,000 square feet (930 m2) of interior displays of various collections of uniforms and equipment, including “Soldiers of the Northwest”, I Corps, the 9th Infantry Division, the Medical Corps, and “The Army Family”. Outside, on 2.5 acres (10,000 m2), in the Vehicle Park, are a collection of tanks, jeeps, and other military vehicles, along with weapons, including a Nike-Hercules Missile and an Honest John rocket.
The Museum was reopened in 2012 after a two-year renovation.
Militärhistorisches Museum der Bundeswehr – Flugplatz Berlin-Gatow – Bundeswehr Museum of Military History – Berlin-Gatow Airfield (formally known as Luftwaffenmuseum der Bundeswehr)
The MHM in Dresden and Berlin-Gatow: The focus is on people.
The museum at the airfield Gatow (ehem. Air Force Museum) is a branch of the Military Historical Museum of the Bundeswehr. Like the Dresden main house, it is understood not primarily as historical technology, but as a modern cultural history museum.
While in Dresden a general cultural history of violence is told, the Berlin museum focuses on the air war, as the recent occurrence of military violence.
Visitors will learn how the air war has changed our thinking about the war. The following topics are at the center of the museum display:
• Overcoming limits. With aircraft information, diplomats and patient can be transported across borders and fast. At the same time, the advent of airborne bombing campaign led to abolition of the old separation of front and rear.
• Invisible perpetrators, victims invisible. Essentials of the air war include the high speed, long range and the ever more powerful destructive potential. They lead to an anonymisation in the relationship between perpetrator and victim.
• Coverage take flight. The man on the ground can hardly escape abuse from the air. He is subjected to sudden alarms and must in basements and burrows for cover search.
• role models. The role of the pilot is constantly changing: In view of his contemporaries, he was a reckless technology pioneer and a knight of the skies, a go-getter, a machine operator and a flight engineer. Pilots were sacrificed and killed them. Pilots are not always men. What are their roles be in the age of unmanned aviation?
• Military and society. The employment principles and the nature of the assumption of responsibility for the protection of life reflect the political system and the self-image of the respective air forces. Therefore, military aviation must not isolated, but must be considered in the context of their social and political environment.
The Military History Museum at the airfield Gatow sees itself as a museum of learning for Military Personnel and interested visitors. As an interface between the military and society it wants to encourage discussions and contribute to the integration of the army in public life in Germany.
Military Museum Lešany
The Military Technical Museum Lešany is a museum of military vehicles located in the Czech Republic about 20 kilometers south of Prague. Its exposition contains over 700 historic tanks, cannons, motorcycles, armored vehicles, trucks, military passenger vehicles, missile systems and other military equipment manufactured in the period from 1890 up to present.
The Museum was established in 1996 in a former artillery barracks between the villages of Krhanice and Lešany, near Týnec nad Sázavou. The collections are presented in 9 small halls, 6 roofed areas and also in the open air. Since 2003, a so-called ‘Tank Day’ is held every year at the end of the season (usually end of August/beginning of September) in the area of the museum, where many of the tanks and other military vehicles from the museum’s collection are presented in dynamic displays. The army of the Czech Republic participates in these events, therefore current military equipment of the Czech Army can also be seen on display. There are also events at the beginning of every season (in May) which are usually dedicated to other branches of ground equipment, like “Artillery day”, “AAA day”, “Tatra day”, etc.
Musée de l’Armée – Paris, France
The Army Museum is a French national military museum located in the Hôtel des Invalides in the 7th arrondissement of Paris.
Museum of Aviation – Belgrade, Serbia
he Museum of Aviation (formerly the Yugoslav Aeronautical Museum) was founded in 1957 in Surčin, Belgrade. The museum is located adjacent to Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport. The current facility, designed by architect Ivan Štraus, was opened to the public on May 21, 1989.
Museum of the Great Patriotic War – Moscow, Russia
The Museum of the Great Patriotic War is a history museum located in Moscow at Poklonnaya Gora. The building was designed by architect Anatoly Polyansky. Work on the museum began on March 3, 1986, and the museum was opened to the public on May 9, 1995. The museum features exhibits and memorials concerning World War II, known in Russia as “The Great Patriotic War”.
National Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian Institution
The National Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian Institution, also called the NASM, is a museum in Washington, D.C.. It holds the largest collection of historic aircraft and spacecraft in the world. It was established in 1946 as the National Air Museum and opened its main building on the National Mall near L’Enfant Plaza in 1976. In 2016, the museum saw approximately 7.5 million visitors, making it the second most visited museum in the world, and the most visited museum in the United States. The museum contains the Apollo 11 command module, the Friendship 7 capsule which was flown by John Glenn, Charles Lindbergh’s The Spirit of St. Louis, the Bell X-1 which broke the sound barrier, and the Wright brothers’ plane near the entrance.
The National Air and Space Museum is a center for research into the history and science of aviation and spaceflight, as well as planetary science and terrestrial geology and geophysics. Almost all space and aircraft on display are originals or the original backup craft. It operates an annex, the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, at Dulles International Airport, which opened in 2003 and itself encompasses 760,000 square feet (71,000 m2). The museum currently conducts restoration of its collection at the Paul E. Garber Preservation, Restoration, and Storage Facility in Suitland, Maryland, while steadily moving such restoration and archival activities into the Mary Baker Engen Restoration Hangar, a part of the Udvar-Hazy annex facilities as of 2014.
National Museum of Flight – Scotland, United Kingdom
The National Museum of Flight is Scotland’s national aviation museum at East Fortune Airfield, just south of the village of East Fortune, in East Lothian. It is one of the museums within National Museums Scotland. The museum is housed in the original wartime buildings of RAF East Fortune which is one of the best preserved wartime airfields in the UK. As a result of this, the entire site is a scheduled ancient monument with no permanent structures added by the museum. The hangars, control tower and stores were designated as Category B listed buildings by Historic Scotland, but this designation was removed in 2013 as they were already covered by the stricter scheduling.
National Museum of the United States Air Force
The National Museum of the United States Air Force (formerly the United States Air Force Museum) is the official museum of the United States Air Force located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, 6 miles (9.7 km) northeast of Dayton, Ohio. The NMUSAF has one of the world’s largest collections with more than 360 aircraft and missiles on display. The museum draws over 1.3 million visitors each year making it one of the most frequently visited tourist attractions in Ohio.
Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum
Late in 1972, a few local enthusiasts met and decided that steps should be taken to record something of the history of aviation in the Eastern counties, and preserve aircraft and artefacts. A society was formed early the following year and activities commenced; a Nissen hut behind the Flixton post office soon became the base. In May 1976, the (now) museum was officially opened by the late Wing Commander Ken Wallis who went on to become President.
A larger building was soon required for the growing collection and efforts to find a suitable site on or around the Bungay/Flixton airfield were rewarded when a barn next to the Flixton Buck Inn was offered, along with the use of a meadow for aircraft. When further expansion needs arose they were met with the purchase in 1984 of almost 8 acres of land from the owners of the Buck Inn, and work commenced on sourcing and erecting buildings and a hangar. The barn was eventually vacated in 1990.
The theme of the collection has grown from 1) the occupation of the airfield by the 446th Bomb Group USAAF, followed briefly by the Fleet Air Arm and then the Royal Air Force, and 2) aviation in the East of England. These broad headings have permitted a very varied collection of aircraft and artefacts to be gathered and displayed, and virtually everything has been donated by visitors. The collection continues to grow and when appropriate a new building is erected, although unused space is becoming scarce owing to the need to provide for car parking.
The collection early in 2014 comprised 66 aircraft (including cockpits), and more than 30,000 smaller artefacts. 11 aircraft and 6 cockpits are displayed outdoors but everything else is on view within themed buildings for the Royal Observer Corps No. 6 Group, the 446th (H) Bomb Group USAAF, RAF Bomber Command, RAF Air-Sea Rescue & Coastal Command, and local aviation from the pioneer years to the present day. There are also numerous exhibitions on special subjects including WWII Decoy Crews, Boulton & Paul Norwich, RAF Link Trainers, aerial photography, radio/radar/electronic counter measures, the Home Front, and Luftwaffe wreckology. Facilities include a Shop, Archive & Library, snack area (NAAFI), picnic tables, and a raised boardwalk to the river through a Willow plantation – the Adair Walk.
Peenemünde Historical Technical Museum
The Peenemünde Historical Technical Museum (German: Historisch-Technisches Museum Peenemünde or HTM), former “Peenemünde Information Centre for History and Technology” (German: Historisch-Technisches Informationszentrum Peenemünde or HTI) is a museum, founded in 1991, in the observation bunker and site of the former power station in Peenemünde on the island of Usedom in eastern Mecklenburg-Vorpommern in Germany. The museum is dedicated to the history of the Peenemünde Army Research Centre and the Luftwaffe test site of “Peenemünde-West”, especially the rockets and missiles developed there between 1936 and 1945. Since January 2007, the information centre has become an anchor point on the European Route of Industrial Heritage (ERIH), a Europe-wide network of industrial monuments, and a part of the ERIH themed routes for Energy and Transport & Communication.
In 2008, the museum had 222,000 visitors including many school classes. Around € 6.5M were invested in the museum’s renovation and expansion; a further investment of € 3.9 M is planned. In 2002 the HTM was given the Coventry Cross of Nails and in 2013 the European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Award .
Royal Air Force Museum – Cosford, England
The Royal Air Force Museum Cosford, located in Cosford in Shropshire, is a museum dedicated to the history of aviation and the Royal Air Force in particular. The museum is part of the Royal Air Force Museum, a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Ministry of Defence and a registered charity. The museum is spread over two sites in England; the other site is at the Royal Air Force Museum London at Colindale (near Hendon) in north London.
Royal Air Force Museum – London, England
The Royal Air Force Museum London, commonly called the RAF Museum, is located on the former Hendon Aerodrome, with five major buildings and hangars dedicated to the history of aviation and the Royal Air Force. It is part of the Royal Air Force Museum, a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Ministry of Defence and a registered charity.
A second collection of exhibits, plus aircraft restoration facilities, is housed at the Royal Air Force Museum Cosford at RAF Cosford in Shropshire, five miles northwest of Wolverhampton.
Royal Military College of Canada
The Royal Military College of Canada (French: Collège militaire royal du Canada), commonly abbreviated as RMCC or RMC, is the military college of the Canadian Armed Forces, and is a degree-granting university training military officers. RMC was established in 1876 and is the only federal institution in Canada with degree-granting powers. The Royal Military College of Canada Degrees Act, 1959 empowers the college to confer degrees in arts, science, and engineering. Programs are offered at the undergraduate and graduate levels both on campus as well as through the College’s distance learning programme via the Division of Continuing Studies.
Located on Point Frederick, a 41-hectare (101-acre) peninsula in Kingston, Ontario, the college is a blend of older, historic buildings, as well as more modern academic, athletic, and dormitory facilities. Officer cadets of the Royal Military College of Canada are trained in what are known as the “four pillars” of academics, officership, athletics, and bilingualism.
Sammlung Historischer Panzer der Armee – Thun, Switzerland
The museum is inside a Swiss military camp. There are a lot of old historical panzers. Americans, British, Germans, Russian panzers and vehicles remind you of the great battles especially from the second world war. You will need to come during daylight hours and have a passport since this is a military base.
Sinsheim Auto & Technik Museum
The Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim is a technology museum in Sinsheim, Germany. Opened in 1981, it is run by a registered association called “Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim e.V.” which also runs the Technik Museum Speyer.
United States Army Ordnance Museum
The U.S. Army Ordnance Museum is a museum that is in the process of being re-located to Fort Lee, outside Petersburg, Virginia. Its previous building—at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, Maryland—closed in September 2010.
The mission of the U.S. Army Ordnance Museum is to acquire, preserve, and exhibit historically significant equipment, armaments and materiel that relates to the history of the U.S. Army Ordnance Corps and to document and present the evolution and development of U.S. military ordnance material dating from the American Colonial Period to present day.
West Point Museum – United States
The mission of the West Point Museum is to collect, preserve, exhibit, and interpret historically significant artifacts pertaining to the United States Military Academy, United States Army and the Profession of Arms. The Museum will supplement cadet academic, cultural and military instruction and provide educational programs and services for military and civilian personnel. As a public institution, the museum stimulates interest in the United States Military Academy, the United States Army and the Military profession.
Private Collections of Individual Owners