The Reich Chancellery (German: Reichskanzlei) was the traditional name of the office of the Chancellor of Germany (then called Reichskanzler) in the period of the German Reich from 1871 to 1945. The Chancellery’s seat from 1875 was the former city palace of Prince Antoni Radziwiłł (1775–1833) on Wilhelmstraße in Berlin. Both the palace and a new Reich Chancellery building (completed in early 1939) were seriously damaged during World War II and subsequently demolished.
Today the office of the German chancellor is usually called Kanzleramt (Chancellor’s Office), or more formally Bundeskanzleramt (Federal Chancellor’s Office). The latter is also the name of the new seat of the Chancellor’s Office, completed in 2001.
Just Click on Any Picture Below to Make it Large for Viewing!!
Modern Day Photos
Black and White Photos
German Military History with a focus on World War 2 History including other areas of German History