This petition has irked myself and the society for some time. This petition made the news in the BBC so this is originally why it caught our attention. Basically the petitioner is stating the toys in the above picture are harmful to children. He states they represent the Waffen-SS and National Socialism. The BBC in their article also skewed the facts about the Iron Cross based on what the petitioner wrote( We already wrote the BBC). The petition is directed against Lego and Amazon to remove the toys from purchase. Many of the toys have been removed at this point.
This company which makes Lego styled figures also makes Allied figures. So basically you will have good versus bad taking on each other in a children’s mind. There are no Swastika’s/ SS Runes on any of these Lego figures which represent Nazi Germany. There is no support of National Socialism with these figures. We do understand that the figures could worry some parents so we are not insensitive to this. I think the parents (whom make the purchases) would decide if they want their children playing with such items. Instead this person wants to force his point of view on all parents. Does he not understand many toys are made representing Wehrmacht figures, vehicles, etc? Some of the figures do look like Heer (Army) figures in which there should be no issue.
Here is a sample of the petition that is unacceptable:
‘As you can easily see, these figures look similar to the original LEGO figures to deceive, but show National Socialist symbols such as the imperial eagle, the Iron Cross and the skulls on the collar. ‘
- Imperial Eagle. He is referring to the Third Reich’s Reichsadler on the uniforms. By stating the ‘Imperial Eagle’, he is basically throwing in all of German History from the Holy Roman Empire to the Modern German Republic. Most people would think Imperial Germany under the Kaiser. This is a stain on the honorable Kaiser and his many loyal german volk.
- The Iron Cross. This is some kind of ignorance here. There is no swastika in the pictures of the Iron Cross. The Third Reich Iron Crosses has swastika’s in the middle of them. He is taking all the Iron Crosses from the early 1800’s to modern Germany under this accusation. Currently the Bundeswehr (German Military) uses the Iron Cross as the emblem of the military on all the vehicles.
- Skulls on the collar. This is another fabrication. There are none from what we have seen. It was not in best taste to feature Lego figures dressed in all black, but most historians will notice the Reichsadler on these figures is on the front of the uniform. The SS only featured them on their left arm.
So these figures must be censored due to one person’s opinion. Let’s discuss this person. He is a member of the left-wing scene and a registered Communist. So in our current weak, opinions get hurt easily society one person of less than desirable background will limit what you can buy, collect, etc.
We ask you to support this since we are going to petition Change.org against this petition for the lies presented and Amazon.com for worrying about one person’s lying opinion.
But here are the reasons we are against this:
- The lies stated in the petition.
- The lie in the BBC article.
- Left-Wing Communist’s petition.
- Amazon listening to one person.
- Limiting everyone from purchasing what they would enjoy.
- Once again the veterans of Germany from World War II are being bashed.
Here is the link to the petition:
Here is a link to the BBC Article:
Here is the content in the petition:
Stop National Socialist Toys at Amazon
Dear ladies and gentlemen of the companies LEGO and AMAZON,
With an appeal to your responsibility towards children, I would like to address you in this open letter, hoping to be open-minded.
In search of LEGO characters on Amazon, I came across something that is extremely urgent to you, because it offers other LEGO-style figures that are compatible with the original LEGO figures, but which have officers, soldiers, etc. of the Waffen-SS and thus play down the National Socialism.
This figure is an example for many others:
https://www.amazon.de/Wehrmacht-Soldat-Heinz-MG-Sch-% ktze-Prime-Line/dp/B016Z372VK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1512506831&sr = 8-5 & keywords = wehrmacht + lego
As you can easily see, these figures look similar to the original LEGO figures to deceive, but show National Socialist symbols such as the imperial eagle, the Iron Cross and the skulls on the collar.
In addition, the manufacturers of these figures often use the name LEGO in their product description or claim to use original LEGO parts.
These figures represent one of the most inhumane regimes in world history and by playing with them children accept these uniforms, weapons, etc. as normal, which is an unacceptable influence on the children. In addition, such figures pose a great threat to the reputation of the companies LEGO and AMAZON.
For this reason, I urge you to take action against the manufacturers of such characters, if possible legally, and also to make Amazon aware of this case, because any decent citizen can only be a horrible idea that such figures are soon under the Christmas tree could fall into the hands of children.
————————————————– ————————————————– ——-
Dear Ladies and Gentleman,
I write this very important letter.
Searching for LEGO figures on the German Amazon website, I found many examples of LEGO typed and compatible figures from other companies depicting German National Socialism Officers, Soldiers, etc.
Here is one figure, which stands as an example for many others:
As you can see, these figures look like the Nazi Eagle and skulls. In addition to that, LEGO parts are often used in their product description.
Depicting one of the most unhuman regimes in world history, these figures represent the most opposite to the values. LEGO stood for. Throughout playing with these figures, children accepting the depicted uniforms, weapons, etc. as normal and with that comes to extremely dangerous. After all, these figures are a threat to the good name of LEGO and AMAZON.
Therefore, I sincerely ask you to take action against children and to consider legally acting steps against the producers of these figures.
This petition wants to be delivered to: