Hello All Members,
I’m writing this to discuss the website and historical society in which we will cover some of the good things and issues we are running into while going into 2019.
We are growing. While we do not have a brick and mortar organization as of yet, we are seeing an uptick and improvement in membership and donations while we are working on growing the website in all areas from writing to photography. This is something we strive to bring to all who enjoy this website: the information of history with current events and photos. As we boast, we by far have one if not the largest collection of German historical and military photos beneath the actual German Federal Archives.
We are still focusing on the writing and mainly working on the World War II area of German military history. This will in time change to other areas such as World War I and other parts of German history. I know, I know. We are working towards that for the WWI buffs. But if we come across pictures from all eras, they will be posted soon after when time allows.
Here are some good things we are seeing or accomplishing:
- Pages on the Website: 466
- Photos and Images on Website: 20,854
- The writing is being worked on weekly with more and more information being added.
- Website Members lists are growing!
- Paying or Society Members are growing at a nice rate!
- Donations have been coming in for the website and museum!
- We added a Forum for members to talk about historical subjects.
- Upgraded security features for the website.
Unfortunately, there are down things also:
- We need more donations or the long term goal of the museum will not happen!
- We are seeing constant web attacks from spammers and more. Granted the entire internet has this issue, but we are forced to remove members when they don’t follow our Sign Up Rules.
- Removing members due to their emails being blacklisted on the web due to spam accounts. People you have to change your passwords and they must be strong or your accounts will be broken into. This causes your email to do illegal things.
- Removing the Chat Feature. It was not popular, but maybe one day we will bring it back.
- The last and always the constant pain – People coming here thinking we will support their National Socialist – Nazis beliefs, non-sense, stupidity, etc. We cover the history and support the soldaten that served Germany. Nazism is Dead. The Holocaust is a Stain on German Honor. This is not forgivable. Nazis will never secure a majority anywhere around the world. Take the hate and go crawl back into your hole.
I hope everyone has enjoyed my short report on things. Any questions, please send them to our inbox. Danke.
Mit Freundlichen Gruß,
Hans-Wilhelm B. von Richter, Chancellor of the Society
Historical Society of German Military History
Please make a Donation to help the study of German History and to help honor German Veterans. Danke.