Erwin Koopmann (1 January 1900 – 10 November 1943) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded several corps. He was also a recipient of the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Erwin Koopmann was killed on 10 November 1943 in Ulianivka, Ukraine and was posthumously awarded the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross on 28 November 1943.
Just Click on Any Picture Below to Make it Large for Viewing!!
Black and White Photos
World War 1 Photos
Awards and Documentation
Awards and Decorations
- Iron Cross 1914 2nd Class.
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918.
- Iron Cross 1939.
2nd Class – 31 May 1940.
1st Class – 19 June 1940.
- Infantry Assault Badge – 22 October 1940.
- Wound Badge 1939
In Black – 1 October 1941.
In Silver – 24 September 1942.
- German Cross in Gold -19 January 1942.
- Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross on 28 November 1943 as Major of the Reserves and leader of Grenadier-Regiment 76.