A German mechanized column completely destroyed by the ubiquitous Allied fighter-bombers

18 June 1944: A German mechanized column completely destroyed by the ubiquitous Allied fighter-bombers near one of the great northward Consular Ways from Rome during the retreat from the Italian Capital (liberated by the Allies on 4 June 1944) as discovered by the advancing British troops.

Leave a Reply