Just Click on Any Picture Below to Make it Large for Viewing!!
Castle Colditz (Schloss Colditz in German) is a Renaissance castle in the town of Colditz near Leipzig, Dresden, and Chemnitz in the state of Saxony in Germany. The castle is between the towns of Hartha and Grimma on a hill spur over the river Zwickauer Mulde, a tributary of the River Elbe. It had the first wildlife park in Germany when, during 1523, the castle park was converted into one of the largest menageries in Europe. The castle gained international fame as the site of Oflag IV-C, a prisoner-of-war camp during World War II for incorrigible Allied officers who had repeatedly escaped from other camps.
THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION